Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2005 X-Runner
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recenly changed my oil and filter. I let all the oil drain for about 20 minutes and put 5.5 quarts of new oil in. After driving a couple hundred miles, I checked my oil level and found that the oil on the dipstick was more than an inch over the full mark. I've tested it on flat surfaces after letting the truck warm up and I get the same results. It is really hard to read the dip stick because the oil is so clear.....put I can definitlely see a little oil way above the full line.

Does anyone have any idea what could be the problem? Is it possible they put the wrong dip stick in my truck or something(thats all I can think of at this point)?

Thanks for any help!

·
The 2nd = Freedom
87 Toyota 4x4
154 Posts
Strange, the same thing happens on my 87, I put in 5 qts like it says. The oil appears to be about a finger width over full? But, there is not oil burning in the exhaust, so it's not getting into the cylinders. Maybe the dipstick is just wrong, etc.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.