Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a FULL front nose bra for my Xb. Not just that training bra that goes on the hood. I need it for 6-8 weeks a year while those nasty love bugs are here in Florida.

For those not familar: This bugs fly around butt-to-butt (i think mating) in droves. On the highway, especially, they make quite a mess on your car. They can bake into and destroy your paint if you don't wash them off right away. My last car's paint was ruined b/c of these bastards. They are out and about for 3-4 weeks in spring and then again in fall. They weren't too bad this last time, maybe the hurricanes scared them away. But w/ a new car now, I want to be prepared.

Anyway, pls share any info. thanks.

:help:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just bought one and I am very happy with it. I have never ordered anything over the internet that fit so perfectly.
It is a 2 piece Colgan Cstom front mask.
Here is the link.
http://www.car-truck-accessories.com/ColganBras.htm
It is a carbon fiber black bra that matches the interior trim.
It was a simple install, but neither piece can be removed unless the hood is popped from inside the car, to help prevent theft.
It takes about 4-6 weeks to get it because Colgan custom makes each one. You can get the standard vinyl without the carbon fiber design much sooner.
You get a choice of having a license plate cutout or not. I chose not. Just be aware that they all come with foglamp cutouts, so if you don't yet have the foglamp kit, that will probably be your next purchase.

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
not wanting to be a party pooper, but i hate colgen bra's. I had their camrys bra, and they were nice and dandy when i got it...but later they started to crack and looked really bad. The OEM has lasted me 3-4 years on my Lexus, 4 years on my celica, the colgen looked bad within a year! I'd take the 3m invisible bra over anything today, but its pircey!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
jhbhatia -

Thanks for your input. Unfortunately i don't think there is an OEM for the scion xb (that covers the entire nose of car). I did find a website that sells the 3m invisible bra, but seemed very expensive. It was close to $300. I can get a vinyl bra for less than $100.

Do you know a good place/website to buy a 3m invisible bra for less...or perhaps a better brand vinyl bra? I haven't bought anything yet. thanks.

:)

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
^^ nope, the pricing is about right. I know solara guys have paid close to 400 for the front bumper, partial hood + sidemirrors. Honestly, if bra is an approach your going for the 3M invisible bra w/ the highest toughness (and the hence the price) is what i'd go for. Its warrantied for 7 years..(thats from my 2 year old research).

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is the 3m invisible bra easy to install AND remove? Is it highly, moderately, or very little noticable on the car?

·
Gen 4 XLE v6
02 Toy Solara V6 MT
3,192 Posts
its invisible bra, meaning unless you hava a white car, its really hard to know/feel there is a bra there. You need to take it to a professional to add it to your car..and its carefree..meaning, you treat it like your paint...removing it also entails a professional...don't take my word for it..

http://starshieldarmor.com/home/faq.php

1 - 8 of 8 Posts