Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is there any difference in specs.

Im looking in to getting one.
with nothing with it just plain old stock so I can mod it my self.

·
Registered
110 Posts
The first year for the xA and xB was the 2004 model year. The new 2005 model year xA and xB are arriving now. There are very few differnces between them. Only small things like the ability to put a personal welcome message on your stereo.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
o so spec wise its the same.
Few questions.
The engine is based on the echo engine right?
Second Would it be wise or possibly to swap to a v6 vs the stock v4 or no.
3rd what does the corolla have? a v4 too? and what does the camery/celica have v6 or v4
that is if im able to do a swap and its resinable in price.

·
Registered
110 Posts
First of all there are "V" engines and Inline engines. The "V" engines have the pistons in a "V". The Inline engines have them in a line. Inline engines are more compact then "V" engines. See http://auto.howstuffworks.com/engine.htm for more info on how engines work.

Yes, the xB engine is from the Echo and it is a Inline 4 and there is no way you could fit a V6 in that engine bay.

Both the Corolla and the Celica have Inline 4s, But they are bigger engines then the Echo/xB engine.

The Camry has an even bigger inline 4 engine and an option of a V6 engine.

BTW, A great site to look up car info is edmunds.com

It may be possible to swap a Corolla or Celica engine in a xB but it would not be easy. I would say $6000 or so, Not a very practical idea.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
wow great article. Thanks for the link.
So in your opionion which is better to install a turbo or a super charger for speed and over all performance and reliability and the years it will last. other than the super charger being easyer.

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
djbombsquad said:
wow great article. Thanks for the link.
So in your opionion which is better to install a turbo or a super charger for speed and over all performance and reliability and the years it will last. other than the super charger being easyer.

you dont seem to know what you're doing...

just read up a little more, and try to get as much info as you can..

soon you'll realize that if tuning cars were that easy, we'd all have 500 hp modified reliable daily drivers...

most of us struggle to reach 200...

and in an xB, 120 may be your absolute bolt-on max....

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
o. well it seemed easy for my freind to install a turbo in his crx. Did it in one day.

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
djbombsquad said:
o. well it seemed easy for my freind to install a turbo in his crx. Did it in one day.
Thats because Honda are made out of Tinker Toys and Legos...

·
Rated H: Chikan Sukebe
02 Vitz
1,363 Posts
JSVH said:
The first year for the xA and xB was the 2004 model year. The new 2005 model year xA and xB are arriving now. There are very few differnces between them. Only small things like the ability to put a personal welcome message on your stereo.
actually the xB is on its 2nd gen if you want to count the JDM ver years, and the iSt is around there too I believe

·
Registered
110 Posts
Sportivo Concepts said:
actually the xB is on its 2nd gen if you want to count the JDM ver years, and the iSt is around there too I believe
But I didnt say the bB or the Ist did I. I said xA and xB :p: :D

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
so what is preventing some one to do a engine swap. just the size of the car right?

·
Zoom-Zoom
2008 Mazdaspeed 3/2012 Ford Escape
7,129 Posts
djbombsquad said:
so what is preventing some one to do a engine swap. just the size of the car right?

transmission, fittings, ecu's, mounts, drive shafts, etc...

oh, and..

MONEY AND KNOWLEDGE...

·
Registered
110 Posts
djbombsquad said:
Yea, most importantly you dont have room. Plus everything else Razo said. You would spend so much money on it, you could get a much nicer car with a bigger engine new by the time everything was done and paid for.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts