Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My stock lights are crapola, does anyone know if I can just buy some Xenon/HID bulbs to get more out of my headlights as well as look cool........or do I need to go out and buy whole new headlight casings to get that kind of effect/power?

Any links etc would be helpful, peace!

·
Registered
105 Posts
elevatus said:
My stock lights are crapola, does anyone know if I can just buy some Xenon/HID bulbs to get more out of my headlights as well as look cool........or do I need to go out and buy whole new headlight casings to get that kind of effect/power?

Any links etc would be helpful, peace!
If you have one of those old style headlights, you will have to do a conversion. Basically the conversion takes your headlight, drill out the back so it can accept headlight bulb replacement (say H3). Then you can plug in a kit.

Or do what I did with my Accord and just retrofit projectors in there.

HID kits are very dangerous as they don't focus the beam and glare other drivers.
Make sure to use Hella/Philips ballast with a wire harness and no higher than 6000k bulbs.

·
Toyota Fanboy
4,486 Posts
It would help if we knew what year your 4Runner is.
On the newer ones you can just take out the OEM headlight bulbs and swap in new ones.
Ive got Wagner Lazerblues in my truck and they have a very white light, but I dont think they are any better in terms of light output than the OEM ones were.

·
Registered
7 Posts
" HID kits are very dangerous as they don't focus the beam and glare other drivers."

How true is this!!! This issue is becoming one of my pet peeves, i relly don't care for all those super bright lights blinding me. Check your local driving laws to see if they are even legal.

·
Registered
1 Posts
For the 2006 with the Hallogen Projector, is it an easy swap to HID Projector. Does anyone have a link for the correct fitting HID kit or part numbers?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
for the 2006 you can just get an hid kit from xenondepot.com. Our lowbeams are h11 bulbs. i just ordered the 6000 k h11 kit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts