Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My (TMMK built 10/1997) XLE v6 w/215k miles runs like a dream. 500 miles to the tank hiway. Doesn't burn oil. Goes very fast when needed. Going down the mountains is a thrill as it hangs onto curves but responds quickly to tourists or bicycles in the way. None of the problems I've read on other threads - I think due to finding an honest mechanic wherever I've lived. Leather seat just beginning to split after 18 yrs. Best car ever!

So - My mechanic just fixed slow oil leaks from VCG, new seals, tune up, oil change & cleaned engine for under $500 but did not fix the cracked washer reservoir b/c it is $150+ for the part from him. Said to find one online or if it is still too much he's willing to patch it. The online prices are all over the place from $18 to $108+! Some include cap/filter, sensor port, motor others don't or don't say. ToyoDIY says my VIN# takes 85315-aa010 itta-esna OR aa020 denso. AutoZone site says the aa010 does not fit my car but the actual AZ store clerk in-person quoted me $97-$120 for Itta-esna & Denso "type". Rock Auto was listed when I joined TN & is least expensive but gives no details. Auto Parts Warehouse site has "AutoTrust Gold" "Esna" part with 5 yr limited warrantee for $75 incl cap, sensor port & motor (current motor was working until crack happened), but the $105 part they list as OES Genuine has part #W0133-1791946 on it and no details. I'm not into Ebay. So now I have completely confused myself...(when I previewed a "spammo" monster replaced the words AutoPartsWarehouse but not AutoZone altho both were written ".com". I removed .com but APW still got a monster! Now even more confused!)

We're at 3000 ft so deep freeze will happen but so does summer sizzle. I keep the -40 washer fluid in year round. Getting to the reservoir on my model involves removing the fender guard and wheel so I'd like to not have to pay for labor with this again for another 215k miles. Some sage advice and direction would be much appreciated. Cheers.

·
Toyota Collector
12,119 Posts
I see 3 choices on Rockauto, does your car have the low level warning sensor? If you want to know for sure then take at look at the one on your car so you know what to order.

·
Registered
2016 Rav4
5,764 Posts
+1 on corolla, pull it and look at it. take it to the pick and pull to get another one or wherever you intend to buy it. always take the old part. and why pay for someone to do this? remove the wheel and inner fender liner (6 screws IIRC) and replace the reservoir.
tony

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you 71Corolla. Yes - it has low fluid sensors. In this model the neck of the reservoir sticks up & I can't see the rest of it b/c I think the ABS part is in the way? On Rockauto, it looks like I can get the Esna type tank including the sensor port and pump for an amazing price. Here on TN Rockauto seems to be mentioned frequently which I take to mean they are a trusted source. Perhaps I looked at TOO many choices & allowed the vast price diff and descriptions befuddle me. Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you Mcgowaw, Tony. I wish I had the physical and mental ability to pull it and compare - I am ok with DIY fuses, bulbs and other simple things like that but this looks like something that could break my nails. (blush) I read that I'd need to remove the tire to really get to it & I don't have the equip or the spine for that! Rockauto seems to be the part dealer of choice so I am going print out the choices to check w/the mechanic. Many thanks for your feedback.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts