Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Laughing at the pumps
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed quite a bit of information regarding aftermarket sound system installs. For those of you who have been behind the factory radio, did you see any type of connection for the factory XM antenna that is on the roof? How long is the connection and do you think it will fit the Roady XT? I hate to put another antenna on the car.

I did try the search function and could not find any information on this topic.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
149 Posts
hey, i have a roady XT in my S, I haven't gotten the antenna connection yet so I just ran the regular one.

Here are some pics to help you out maybe?

i've also seen guys put the antenna just in the corner of their back window, and once the weather gets warmer i'll try that and see if I notice any difference in reception.

·
Laughing at the pumps
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"i've also seen guys put the antenna just in the corner of their back window, and once the weather gets warmer i'll try that and see if I notice any difference in reception."

Would it matter if it was in the front window or the back. That sounds like an idea I will try. Is an XM antenna contingent on the metal surface for better reception? Any ideas? I'll try several spots and see. Thanks for the pics.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I am obviously missing something but my dealer said all the Corollas are XM ready. Why not just have it activated?

·
Laughing at the pumps
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I know the head in the car has the capablity to control a receiver. I think you have to buy the xm receiver and add it. I hope I'm wrong, but I have a XM Roady that I can trasfer back and forth from my bike and car. I don't see the need in another subscription. I was just hoping to use the existing antenna. Not enough so to spend 70 bucks fo an adapter.

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
149 Posts
I am obviously missing something but my dealer said all the Corollas are XM ready. Why not just have it activated?
because i'd rather not spend the minimum $200 bucks they want for the module to make it work (not sure if it's the same in the states?). yes the antenna is installed and yes there is a button that says AM / SAT, but in all reality i'd rather pay $80 bucks for something I can use in my house too. plus, I already had it from my old corolla :)

·
Registered
2009 Corolla S
149 Posts
"i've also seen guys put the antenna just in the corner of their back window, and once the weather gets warmer i'll try that and see if I notice any difference in reception."

Would it matter if it was in the front window or the back. That sounds like an idea I will try. Is an XM antenna contingent on the metal surface for better reception? Any ideas? I'll try several spots and see. Thanks for the pics.
front or back i don't think it matters, i've seen a buddy at work have his in the front window of the truck (he has sirius). if you try it let me know how it works :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts