Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone I know I have seen a post on how to hardwire an XM receiver into the cigarette lighter can anyone tell me where or how to do this?:eek:

·
כל הכבוד
86 Posts
I bought an Add-A-Fuse and a cigarette lighter socket at the auto parts store. Plugged in the AAF at the windshield washer fuse and ran the wire under the dash. I then hooked up the lighter to the AAF. I then attached the cigarette lighter socket with a zip tie under the center console and plugged in the XM transformer. Now the XM is hardwired and it took about 15 minutes Sorry I didn't take any pictures, hope this helps. P.M. me if you have any questions, I'm glad to help.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sorry to sound stupid but does AAF = ADD A FUSE? If so wil the auto parts store know what I am looking for?

·
כל הכבוד
86 Posts
Here you go:
Buy it at Amazon if you can't find a local source.

Littelfuse FHA200BP Ato Fuse Add-A-Circuit Kt

I'm an old Rodder and Modder from the day I bought my first car, a VW Thing. The ultimate chick magnet. Until I discovered this Add-A-Circuit I would cringe every time I cut and spliced into a wire. Even those blue "Taps" didn't set well with me. Your original wiring stays unmolested, no chance of a short.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Holling - This AAF will not fit the fuse sockets under the dash in the 2006 Tacoma. Do you know if they make another model?

·
כל הכבוד
86 Posts
It fits in my 08. Post a picture of an 06 fuse, I bet it will work. The 08 fuses are like the fuses in the picture other than the "blade" that plugs in has a shroud.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts