Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my wife got a portable XM sat. radio for her 4Runner with a car kit. It has the cassette adapter that allows you to play it through the radio that way. According to the instruction booklet, this method gives the best quality reception.

Now the problem, when you put the cassette tape/adaptor into the unit, it keeps switching sides on the tape then just ejects it. I can't get it to stay in and just play on one side.

Anyone had this issue or have any ideas how to correct this?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'm about 85% sure that whether or not the deck pushes the tape out is manufacturer specific, and there's not really much you can do for it save to carefully break the deck. You might have to go the FM transmitter route, or get a Satellite Radio compatible unit.

·
oh-pin-yun-A-ted
Pickup
1,407 Posts
whats a cassette?

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
humanoid said:
Can you just get a FM modulator for it? I'm pretty sure there is one made for XM.
Yeah, the kit came with that as well. However, the instructions rate the reception as "best"-using cassatte adaptor..."better"-using direct wiring...and just "good" with the FM modulator. Also, in other threads I've read that the reception isn't that good with the FM mod., so I was hoping to use the cassette.

Funny, we never use the cassatte player and I was surprised to see it in the 4Runer when we looked at it. The unit is CD/Cassettee/AM/FM.

I think it may be working now. The spindles in the cassatte adaptor we hard to move by hand. I turned them a few times with a pencil and they seem to move more freely. I'll try it again this weekend when I finish the install.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts