Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a while back I was in an accident as a passenger with a friend of mine who had a pretty old toyota truck. he had a bullbar (or whatever you call 'em) up front when it happened - we t-boned a minivan who turned left without noticing the red truck coming the opposite direction. luckily nobody was hurt, but the minivan was totalled... we noticed later that the main object that took the brunt of the impact - and prevented engine parts from entering the cabin due to said impact - were the bullbars. Every since then I told myself I'd get them if I got a truck, for the safety factor alone.

So, got the ARIES. Easy install, took no time at all, simple bolt on bracket. here's how the aries looks:

here's the bracket that bolts on:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
meatwad79 said:
thats the nicest taco accesory out that ive seen so far...especially with PIAA's
the westin looks pretty good too imo. this was just cheaper and faster shipping :). i'm happy with how it looks and adding some lightage might be in the future... probably spent way too much for now!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
currentsupply said:
What's up man? I'm in Westlake Village. I almost bought mine at Simi Valley Toyota.
Wassup fellow conejo valley'er! Simi was pretty good to me, ~2k off sticker for going through their internet dept. I checked with TO toyota and they had absolutely zip for selection when I looked. Is that where you ended up getting yours?

i prolly pass by you on the 23 from time to time :D

·
Registered
34 Posts
Nice i like that bull bar. Looks like the westin. Where did you get that one and what was the price if you don't mind me asking?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
JS2006 said:
Nice i like that bull bar. Looks like the westin. Where did you get that one and what was the price if you don't mind me asking?
i got it from www.autoanything.com, was listed for 299 but they had a 10% off deal, so it came to like 290 after tax (260 before) and free shipping. no ebay bargain, but it seemed like a fair deal.

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
yaytocos...how are you liking the Aries bull bar now that youve had it for a while...? I some good prices on them...

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
hmm... actually looks better then my westin, i like the welded joints, my westin has plastic cap things where the cross tubes meets the main loop. and because i just learned how to post pics here ya go. How much you pay for it? I hope i didn't get ripped on my westin.

P.S. Black on white looks awesome

·
Registered
95 Posts
bull bar

would it be possible to show some pics from the mount below cause I want to see if I can fab something up to make it fit right w/ my body lift, pm me please if you get a chance looks great by the way

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
Hey SJ...I think I can understand what you are saying about a difference in how the crossbar meets the mainframe...but I can't visualise it without closer pics...I doubt you got ripped off...but I would like to understand the difference in construction before I buy online...

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
it's 9 at night so i'll snap some shots tomorrow. And i paid about $245 shipped for my westin off ebay, apparently some people on this board have had problems with the dealer i bought from so i wouldn't automatically suggest it to you.

·
Chicks dig it...!
'06 Tacoma EC Sport
1,893 Posts
That's cool...and btw...you don't ned to snap off pics if it is inconvenient...so far the Westin and the Aries look comparable...just curious if the joints of the crossbar are welded or not...

Thanks

·
Go Sharks!!!
06 tacoma prerunner
1,350 Posts
thats a very good price, From what i've heard it's a pretty reliable dealer as well. If you read the feedback of the guy on ebay whos selling westin's for about the same price, he seems a little overwhelmed and misses shipments from time to time.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
novataco said:
Luke at www.truckalterations has the Westin black bullbar for $250.00 shipped
That's the best price I've seen. I got mine off of Ebay for $233 + $35 S&H.

$250 shipped is a great deal, and Luke has proven to several of us that he ships pretty fast too.

He's a member here (ID: truckalter). I think I'll leave him some feedback with our iTrader system. :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts