Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking at getting either the XR or base Vibe for my wife as she's not into racing. <haha> Seriously though, I'm assuming that the 130hp engine doesn't require premium fuel. Is this right? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
6 Posts
That's correct, 87 octane all the way baby :D The base/XR still has good get up and go, and under 6.2k, the XRS isn't really faster than the base/XR (when the XRS hits lift... well, that's a different story, lol).

Frankly, I like the feel of Toyota's 5MT more than their 6MT, and the base/XR gearing leaves little to be desired - it's a very fun ride.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Doc

I appreciate your thoughts. If I were purchasing this vehicle as my primary means of transportation, then I'd most likely go with the XRS/Vibe GT. Since I already own a semi-luxury sedan (Saab 9-3), we wanted a practical vehicle that we could haul stuff in, particularly from Home Depot. Everything I've read suggests that the XR/Base Vibe is the perfect vehicle for that. Thanks again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks Doc

I appreciate your thoughts. If I were purchasing this vehicle as my primary means of transportation, then I'd most likely go with the XRS/Vibe GT. Since I already own a semi-luxury sedan (Saab 9-3), we wanted a practical vehicle that we could haul stuff in, particularly from Home Depot. Everything I've read suggests that the XR/Base Vibe is the perfect vehicle for that. Thanks again.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts