Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
After a couple of month behind the weel of my XRS, i'm now ready for some mod. Any of you have founded / tried cat back or muffler ? I'M would like to get something that don't sound like crap (like most civic!)

I was also thinking unichip, but so far i've read mix result. Any of you tried without custom tuning?

I will probably go nitrous next spring, when all that Quebec snow melt.

If any of you have done some tricks to XRS let me know, so we discuss about it....

Dan

·
'10 XRS (05 & 09 XRS RIP)
2010 Corolla XRS
1,570 Posts
unichip on an XRS? Nitrous on an XRS?

I'm skeptical you'll survive the first month without needing a new engine. I could be wrong but it's hard to believe this engine can squeeze out more (please oh please prove me wrong though. ;))

BTW, last I checked it's $10G (cdn) for a Celica GTS engine...I presume it's the same cost for XRS. :eek:

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
humm 10k for the engine... a lot of money !

I've read about people runing nitrous on 2ZZ, in celica for exemple without problem for year. Some are running up to 75hp nitrous. I don't want to go that high, I believe a 50hp should be safe. That's want nitrous manufacturer say it souldn't be any problem at that power level.

I thinks it should put less strain on the engine than turbo (due to the high compression on the 2ZZ)

and on matrix web site a couple of people are talking about unichip, I also been in contact with them. The hp gain advertised is good. On a matrix with CAI,exhaust and unichip, they talk about 205 bhp

Dan

·
Registered
86 Posts
is that 205hp to the wheels or at the crank?

how do you guys like your xrs in general? i've only had mine for a month so i'm still working it in.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
that is 205 crank horspower. It look like following the comment on matrix owner that it improve torque and hp at about all rpm, even low rpm.

Adding 50hp of nitrous for about 255 horses, can help play with all those SRT-4!

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh I forgot, I really like my XRS, i upgraded from a 2003 corolla S. I'm disapointed with the stock radio, witch is worst that the unit in the 2003, sound wise. This is my next upgrade. Except for that, I have had no problem at all.. I would like to get a longer power rush (after cam switch) but is a overall well balanced car, brake good, handle quite well, don't take a lot of fuel....

It's a very good car in my opinion

·
Registered
86 Posts
i was thinking about doing intake and exhaust work, to hopefully add low end grunt to the power band and help in day to day driving. that is really my only complaint about the car is its lack of low end power, but the gear box helps that prob alot. is there anyway of getting the cam to switch at a lower rpm? other then that i am enjoying my xrs.

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Intake and exhaust will lose more low end. All free flowing will lose lowend and gain highend. High RPM is what the 2ZZ design for, keep reving.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely right. I/H/E will only help top end. That's y i've been on the edge of buying an intake.....

I'd go suspension first, it makes a big difference.

Apex Power FC will help withe the Lift change over, but it's expensive.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Absolutely right. I/H/E will only help top end. That's y i've been on the edge of buying an intake.....

I'd go suspension first, it makes a big difference.

Apex Power FC will help withe the Lift change over, but it's expensive.

Have fun....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts