Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was trying to find 17" Vibe GT wheels but no luck yet... figured hey, my wife's Vibe needs new tires and her wheels have tires but they're getting up there in age and wear, so why not swap my wheels with brand new tires to her car and put hers on mine... here's the little experiment and the outcome, so far I like the look. :thumbsup: now if I could only find the 17" version.

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
Look nice. Though, they are too heavy. I believe they are around 23 - 24 lbs (much like the stock XRS wheels) I would go with aftermarket lightweight wheels that weigh somewhere in the 15 - 17 lbs.

·
Super Moderator
2005 Corolla CE
14,777 Posts
They look a little awkward since the car is so high (probably the tire size).

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
They look a little awkward since the car is so high (probably the tire size).
Yeah, those tires are quite tall. I could imagine how it must have made the gearing much taller due to the larger circumference.

The aspect ratio of the XRS is low profile 205/50 is the ideal size.

·
The Return of the Red Coupe
2010 RAV4 V6
19,666 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yeah they're 205/55's unfortunately the previous owner put the same size on the XRS wheels... I'm looking for a set of 205/50's that I can beat on at the track as well, and they'll be going on a set of Celica GTS wheels. :)

·
Premium Member
6,042 Posts
yeah they're 205/55's unfortunately the previous owner put the same size on the XRS wheels... I'm looking for a set of 205/50's that I can beat on at the track as well, and they'll be going on a set of Celica GTS wheels. :)
I would stay away from the Celica GTS 16 inch wheel as they are pretty heavy. Go for aftermarket lightweight wheels and you will also love the midrange and low end. Just my two cents. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.