Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting ready to possibly purchase an XSE . But this one has a $2500 hood art upgrade.

Anyone know what that is? I'm ordering through a fleet dragnet and he isn't sure either. I can't find anything on it so I'm wondering could it be aftermarket?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Am I missing something here ? Why ask this question on a forum and not request a picture and explanation from the seller or just look for another vehicle that does not have $2500.00 of unknown add ons.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Am I missing something here ? Why ask this question on a forum and not request a picture and explanation from the seller or just look for another vehicle that does not have $2500.00 of unknown add ons.
That's a valid question. This is a fleet dealer and he doesn't have this on his lot. He has to trade one in his inventory to get that one. He is not familiar with it. And it was time sensitive so I came here to see if maybe someone could shed some insight or knew. I'm in Nevada and he is in Ca.
If I could have just gotten a pic from him......i would have

·
straight cash homie
18,704 Posts
Do you want the hood art? I would think that any Camry with a special $2500 hood would not sell to the casual buyer, since it would be considered an upsell.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do you want the hood art? I would think that any Camry with a special $2500 hood would not sell to the casual buyer, since it would be considered an upsell.
That's the thing.. without knowing exactly what it is I'm not going to chance it. He was able to find the XSE i wanted without it.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I've seen a few '18 Camry listings while browsing cars.com that appeared to have black stripes painted on the hood. Looked sort of like a Dodge Charger Daytona.

My two cents -- I wouldn't accept an unknown "hood art" option on my new car even if it was free. I'd keep looking.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've seen a few '18 Camry listings while browsing cars.com that appeared to have black stripes painted on the hood. Looked sort of like a Dodge Charger Daytona.

My two cents -- I wouldn't accept an unknown "hood art" option on my new car even if it was free. I'd keep looking.

I agree. He was just trying to find one for me. He's selling it to me 100$ over invoice ?

·
Registered
71 Posts
I agree. He was just trying to find one for me. He's selling it to me 100$ over invoice ?
Go look for different dealership and you do not want to waste time with dealer. You will find a better deal

Sent from my SM-T330NU using Tapatalk

·
straight cash homie
18,704 Posts
I see in you're in Vegas. I just happen to be here for work while I'm typing. I've seen plenty of Toyotas running around the Valley with dealer frames from Toyota stores in California (LA area mostly). From what I've read, Vegas dealers are dicker with the prices compared to those across the state line.

·
TN の がしょう
7,388 Posts
$2500 for a "hood art"? Even if a dealership installed a carbon fiber hood, I wouldn't pay that much. I can get a high quality set of Japanese wheels and tires for that much.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
xpeed
Toyota Nation Forum
ToyotaNation Forum is a community dedicated to all Toyota models. Come discuss the Camry, Tacoma, Highlander, 4Runner, Rav4 and more!
Full Forum Listing