Toyota Nation Forum banner

261 - 272 of 272 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
No one Vehicle is going to be without problems anymore. They are just not built to last...A dealer needs a sale...It's all about the sale...Good Luck with the Honda...Pretty much comes down to that Toyota or Honda...or a Ford Truck!...lol...(Not a Ford Car!)

·
Solve et Coagula..
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #266
Some people find driving in Sport mode makes it better. The only problem with that is, it isn't realistic for normal city driving. It holds the RPM way too high, there is no middle ground between normal and sport. Don't get me wrong, I am happy there is a sport button, but it is for sport-time, not grabbing a jug of milk. I don't want the car in 7th or 8th gear when I am going 50km/h (Normal), but I also don't want it in 2nd or 3rd either. (Sport)

Upon more research, I have found that this is fixable through programming! Fingers crossed Toyota comes out with an official TSB on this matter so people don't have to jimmy-rig their units.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I own a 2019 Camry V6 and am equally dissatisfied with the transmission response (or lack thereof). My concern is-why hasn't someone from Toyota informed owners that they have an inferior product and offer some remedy for the problem. This may be the last Toyota that I own as I do not expect the manufacturer to do anything to correct the problem. Maybe when enough people stop buying their mistakes, they will do something.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thank you for the input. Sorry to hear your update didn't fix your transmission issues. It seems like there is some positive feedback from I-4 customers with the update, I guess you weren't one of the lucky customers. I heard that the 2019 Camry uses the exact same transmission. I am really hoping it is just software, not hardware in our cases. I know I had a similar issue with my F-150 with the new 10 speed transmission, BUT the update massively improved the shifting and brains of the operation.

Does anyone else despise the EPA and all the harm it forces manufacturers to instill into their vehicles?

Anyway, if anyone else has any input or feedback with their V6 Camry's, or maybe there is a thread started on this already that I could not find; please chime in. It is almost February 2019, I'd like to think they have a new software update for the vehicle by now, especially with all the complaints of this transmission.
I ‘m not sure if you’ve received any feedback from XSE V6 owners but I’ll gladly give you my piece! I’ve had the exact same issue with my car as everyone has described with the 4 cyl. I generally always keep it in sport mode prepared to down shift at any time. I’ve taken it to my dealer requesting that they reset my intuitive driving. They told me that they did the in house recalls and that fixed it. I noticed the first few miles seemed ok but then it was back to having a delayed acceleration all over again. Since I’m leasing my car and half way through I’m just dealing with it for a year and a half longer. It’s extremely aggravating! I will be certain my next car does not have this issue. (On a side note, I have owned at least 10 Toyotas and 8 Lexus. The only other car that I’ve had this issue with was my ES 300 which I think is on the same chassis as the Camry. Made me think twice....) keep me posted on your findings! If I can offer any other info let me know!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Unfortunate that most owners will not see the negative posts about the automobile which will allow the manufacturer to continue to manufacture and sell thousands of the same problems. Like most entities, the CEO's are only concerned about making money while providing inferior products to the unsuspecting buyers. If enough people refused to but these cars, maybe they would 'get the picture'. I own a 2019 Camry XSE V6, and I definitely won't buy another unless this problem is addressed and corrected. /s/ Unhappy Camry Owner.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Some people find driving in Sport mode makes it better. The only problem with that is, it isn't realistic for normal city driving. It holds the RPM way too high, there is no middle ground between normal and sport. Don't get me wrong, I am happy there is a sport button, but it is for sport-time, not grabbing a jug of milk. I don't want the car in 7th or 8th gear when I am going 50km/h (Normal), but I also don't want it in 2nd or 3rd either. (Sport)

Upon more research, I have found that this is fixable through programming! Fingers crossed Toyota comes out with an official TSB on this matter so people don't have to jimmy-rig their units.
There is a TSB for 2019 RAV4 to fix this problem. But not for Camry. The following is the link.

·
Registered
105 Posts
The harsh downshift followed by high rpm has happened to me a few times in the first 9000 miles and if that is occurring frequently I feel your pain. However It has been a rarity for me. I like the 8 speed, especially compared to the CVT I had before. It has a nice low first gear take off and goes on up to 60 or 70 using the engine response very well.
If I want to be sure it gets me out on to the highway, I try to remember to shift myself using S mode., or the paddles., which i actually enjoy.

·
Solve et Coagula..
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
There is a TSB for 2019 RAV4 to fix this problem. But not for Camry. The following is the link.
Thanks for this. Probably because the RAV4 is 4 cylinder only, correct? They can probably get away with it.

Considering EVERYONE is bitching about this GD transmission across various models, it is safe to say it is an OBVIOUS issue. They are clearly ignoring us v6 owners. Shame on them... Horrible.

261 - 272 of 272 Posts