Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
heres what ive come up with, ive seen all the near equal length rear headers loop back design and that seems to expensive to make around here where teh average exhaust guy has failed year 10 math. its still dqual run length, but yeah, look at teh pic, youll hve to excuse my midnight penmanship =) im going to another shop today to see if they can do this.

·
Fooly Sik RE!!!
318 Posts
hey that looks like a good design, is that for gen3 3vz-fe? where are you in aus?

·
Registered
1990 Celica GTS
2,714 Posts
Make sure the two down pipe are not blowing againist each other.
If you got space to move the collector to remove the extra 90 deg bend, it would flow better.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yeah i want the collector on a 90 degree to the banks (no blowig against each other, this is the simplest design i could come up with for the noobie exhaust shop to make. instead of a 90 degree i can sould if they could just curve it around.. there is quite a bit of room under the 3vz.

adelaide. gen3.

if its goung to cost too much labour to take the old y pipe off, im going to get them to just cut it and weld it to the bottom of the old one. the pipes before the flat bends in the stock pipes are reasonable.

·
The Other White Meat
Holden Apollo
3,741 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
and thats where my inspiration comes from, but because i cant do it myself, i gotta get a place to make it so it has to be as labour simple as possible. went around to a few places today and none of them want to take off the standard y pipe because they cant get a wrench up there.

i might have to get the standard one cut and welded onto at this rate.

ive also found the muffler i want too, its your typical cannonball design, has a removable silencer but ithe main part is carbon fibire... i have a thing for carbon fibre =) and at a tad over $350AUD, its only $50AUD or so more then a magnaflow stainless steel one.

a question about the cat -- should i save money and reuse the stock one? i had a look at "high-flow" cats and therye pretty much the same size as the stock one. shops here will not make a road system without a cat so maybe i should cut it out after theyve finished ;)

oh yeah, y pipe in stainless, cat-back in aluminium if i can. we dont use road salt or anything around here, so al should last a long time.

Toysrme - how did you get ya y pipe off =(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts