Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like I'm more than a decade late to the 3VZ modding scene but...anyone by any remote chance happen to have a custom Y-pipe for dat sweet 10-12 extra horses? Hopefully with the flex piping.

·
Super Moderator
2006 Corolla XRS
8,738 Posts
I don't know if this would work for your car or not, but here's a lead.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Probably won't work without more modification but I might ask him if they can make an exhaust for the 3VZ-FE. Thanks

·
Registered
AE92
77 Posts
I have a XV-20 Y-pipe from a 1MZ-FE V6 that was in 2000 Toyota Solara. The flex pipe is blown, so you'll need to weld a new flex pipe to it.

If interested shoot me an e-mail [email protected] so I can send pictures of it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...would it fit the 3VZ-FE though? Also what's the diameter? Looking for 2 inch Y-pipe and 2.5 inch post-cat (assuming your pipe also has the post-cat pipe too)

·
Registered
AE92
77 Posts
I'm not sure if it'll fit with a 3VZ-FE's exhaust manifolds to be honest. I've chopped it off just before the catalytic converter, as I still needed it for emission purposes. So pre-cat is about 2.5"

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Reckon you could upload a photo here? Also you mentioed that you needed it for emissions purposes, don't you still need it?

·
Registered
AE92
77 Posts
I can't upload pictures into ToyotaNation unfortunately, and I don't know how. Send me an e-mail [email protected] so I can attach the 2 photos of the Y-pipe to you. I kept the catalytic converter, so the Y-pipe is chopped just before the cat. I don't need the Y-pipe anymore so I don't mind letting that go. Not sure how much shipping will be from Canada to UK until I package everything and weigh it though.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh...I was able to copy and paste photos straight into messages (similar functionality to MS Outlook and it being able to paste pictures into messages), not sure why you can't upload. Anyway I sent an email thanks

·
Registered
AE92
77 Posts
Really? Lemme try here then...

You can see where I've used 2 clamps along with some heat wrap around the flex pipe, that's where it's leaking.

This is at the end of the Y-pipe, where I mentioned it's chopped off pre-cat.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Oooh looks rather rusted although to be honest the rear pipe on my Camry isn't too far off lol. I think the pipe for the rear bank might also be a bit too short.

I think I'll go to a local exhaust shop, I prefer a bolt-on option as I'm a lazy mofo and can't be bothered getting the tools to weld parts together. Thanks anyway though :)

·
Registered
AE92
77 Posts
No worries! I was hoping somebody else would be able to put my Y-pipe to good use someday. Hence why I've been keeping it still.

If not and if I ever get around to it, I may just find a flex pipe and weld it back on myself someday. Worst case is if I run out of space I'll just junk it sometime later in the future lol

1 - 12 of 12 Posts