Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
91 MR2 Turbo
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
this is my first mr2 and my first time to hve to move the cam's i took the cam gear cover off and when i pulled it out of the engine bay i noticed that molded into the plastic of the cover it says YAMAHA in letters about an inch and a half tall, WTF is this normal, if so why does it say yamaha on my 3sgte? oh yea and how do i tell if it is a gen II or gen III? if its not too much to ask where can i find a MAF to MAP conversion for my 2 without buying a complete ems, are there and bigger MAF that i can swap if not?

·
400whp club here I come!!
HT MR2 Turbo
3,546 Posts
Yep.... Yamaha did the majority of the engine build on the 3sgte. You will find a lot of Yamaha parts.... for example... your Yamaha CT26 Turbo ;). If you have an AFM... that funky looking metal box with wires coming out of it after you're air filter..... it's not a 3rd gen engine.

·
Registered
91 MR2 Turbo
197 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
wow, comes as a surprise to me, is there a way to put a gen III map senseor on my GenII?

·
Registered
22 Posts
who knows, maybe it was cheaper to contract a company that is already experienced in engine design than hiring new engineers.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts