Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have an ipod connected to the factory radio in my yaris luna 2006 but my local toyota dealer says it's not possible. I'm pretty sure this comes down to ignorance but they have me in doubt. So if any of you have ipodconnection to the factory radio (which also can't be replaced, nice one toyota) i'd like to know what technical solution you have used. Note only yaris 2006 and newer.

Greetings from denmark Kim Olesen

·
That One Guy...
2001 Camry XLE
922 Posts
I think if you get one of those goofy little line inverters that gives you RCA inputs you can buy the RCA jack deal that has a microphone jack on the other end.

I'm hoping someone can back me up on this one. I forgot with the thing is called but I do have one. Plus I'm not really sure if that even works...

If you don't care about quality, you could settle for an FM transmitter. Those are about your only choices though, when it comes to a factory radio.

Does that car have an AUX setting? If it doesnt have that I think you really are out of luck.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Corollacrazy42 said:
I think if you get one of those goofy little line inverters that gives you RCA inputs you can buy the RCA jack deal that has a microphone jack on the other end.

I'm hoping someone can back me up on this one. I forgot with the thing is called but I do have one. Plus I'm not really sure if that even works...

If you don't care about quality, you could settle for an FM transmitter. Those are about your only choices though, when it comes to a factory radio.

Does that car have an AUX setting? If it doesnt have that I think you really are out of luck.
I do care about quality. So anything that's an fm modulator is off limits. There are several devices that'll connect to the cd changer input and con the radio to thinh that the connected ipod is a cd changer thus allowing for sound to pass from the ipod onto the radio. And for the radio controls to control the ipod.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts