Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After owning an old Civic for many year it was time for me to buy a new car. Honda I think has abandoned this market niche. The new civics are too heavy, expensive and don't even have double wishbone. The Fit is a 4 door crossover, when I was 16 years old I swore I'de never buy a 4 door anything, 22 years later I still feel the same way.

The 3-door Yaris liftback was the closest thing to my old civic. The seat and stick shift are a little to truck-like in their orientation, but I am getting used to it. I do wish the Yaris had an independant rear suspension.

I have a feeling that with springs and shocks the Yaris could become quite a good handling vehicle. But I am waiting until Koni supports this platform.

Overall I am really impressed with the 3-door Yaris and would recommend it to any owner of an aging classic Civic.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I agree the Yaris is very underatted. I own a 2008 Yaris Sedan S. and really love this car.An excellent vehicle.

·
Half a Bubble Off Plumb
2009 Yaris Sedan
138 Posts
Couldn't agree more.

My family's had a 2001 Echo, and currently we have a 2007 Yaris S Sedan and 2 2009 Yaris Sedans. We're definitely very fond of these little cars. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts