Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Greetings from Down Under..
I am considering between The Yaris and the echo. I just graduated recently and I am thinking of getting a weekend car. I heard the Echo saves a lot of petrol. :eek:

I am not only looking for a low fuel consumption car but also a reliable car that i can take the missus to trips with as much comfort as possible :D

So which do you think I should get fellas the Yaris of the Echo? Which one is more comfortable and fun to drive not forgetting cheaper to maintain. :clap:

cheers

catsgrave

·
Registered
136 Posts
catsgrave said:
Hi there,

Greetings from Down Under..
I am considering between The Yaris and the echo. I just graduated recently and I am thinking of getting a weekend car. I heard the Echo saves a lot of petrol. :eek:

I am not only looking for a low fuel consumption car but also a reliable car that i can take the missus to trips with as much comfort as possible :D

So which do you think I should get fellas the Yaris of the Echo? Which one is more comfortable and fun to drive not forgetting cheaper to maintain. :clap:

cheers

catsgrave
g'day mate.

The Yaris seems to be an improvement over the Echo and does well on the race track against more powerful cars (assuming improved springs/shocks and bigger tires), I don't know if the same could be said for the older Echo. But, both car are true to their econo nature, so a used Echo could be an option instead of going new if you're after a car that's cheap to keep on the road.

·
Registered
1 Posts
My sister has an Echo and i just bought a new Yaris YRS for a company runaround. If you can stretch to the Yaris then definitely get it over the Echo. The Yaris is much better finished and is truly an outstanding car for the $.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
Both are great cars, I know that in Canada and Austrialia Toyota sold the ECHO hatch (Previoius gen Yaris/Vitz) you can go with that or get a Yaris. Both save on gas...I guess it depends on how much you want to spend and what your priorities are as far as investment in a car, including short term and long term.:thumbup:

·
Registered
107 Posts
Yes, both are great. I believe that the Yaris is slightly more refined but the Echo is slightly more fuel economical and peppy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts