Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
leasaunce said:
cute looking small car :D
yeah, it is indeed. imo, its better looking than the other small cars in its class.

i know that us ozzies have a different instrument pod (all-digital readouts) as compared to the canadian/us versions. but the steering wheel is the same, isnt it?

my next project would be to alloy wheels, rear spoiler and probably a hood/bonnet protector.

anyway, y'all should post pics of your own echos/yaris/vitz...

·
Registered
367 Posts
The Canadian version doesn't have steering wheel audio controls, I'm unsure of the US version as it hasn't been released yet...
Our interior fabrics on the models are different, and we also get the RS option with black interior trim instead of silver and sport fabric/seats...

·
TN's Resident Car Whore!
'95 DSM Eclipse RS
5,978 Posts
I liek those little cars. I sure wouldn't mind driving one. There's a sweet one her in Belize. It's black w/ 3% tint, and some nice lil' aftermarket rims.

·
Registered
06 Toyota Yaris
21 Posts
Congratulations - nice looking car. I'd love to have the steering wheel audio controls here in Canada. I also notice there seems to be a cup holder in front of the shifter which we don't have (as if the seven cup and bottle holders isn't enough :lol: )

·
Registered
367 Posts
Cal_Y said:
Congratulations - nice looking car. I'd love to have the steering wheel audio controls here in Canada. I also notice there seems to be a cup holder in front of the shifter which we don't have (as if the seven cup and bottle holders isn't enough :lol: )
I think that's actually the ashtray...

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
10,087 Posts
Very nice ride! How do you like it? Fun to drive? I'm jeoulous! But in a good way, if that's possible. I can't wait to get my hands on one when it gets to the U.S. and test drive it. So the previous generation ECHO, was that popular in Australia? Are small cars in Australia popular like thier European counterparts? Happy motoring!

·
Registered
367 Posts
ECHOKnight2000 said:
Very nice ride! How do you like it? Fun to drive? I'm jeoulous! But in a good way, if that's possible. I can't wait to get my hands on one when it gets to the U.S. and test drive it. So the previous generation ECHO, was that popular in Australia? Are small cars in Australia popular like thier European counterparts? Happy motoring!
Compacts including the Echo/Yaris are the top seven sellers up here in Canada as well...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
ECHOKnight2000 said:
Thanks!

I like it very much and it is very fun to drive. Well, compared to my current ride which is a 90 Camry wagon without power steering, anything is an improvement :D. But really, I like the handling, the all-around visibility, the equipment package and those numerous cubby-holes, plus its so easy to park. So yeah, very much happy with our purchase.

Echos and similar other cars in its class are very popular here in Australia too. Especially in the last quarter due to the rising cost of petrol. But some Aussies still prefer those big V8's or V6's. Most have probably both, small cars for the weekday commute and big cars for those weekend drives.

·
Registered
107 Posts
We have silver mica colour here in Canada which I think is closest to yours, but still your car's colour is a lot darker than silver as seen in the pictures. Anyhow the colour is great and makes the little car look substantial. Do you have a long list of safety and convenience equipment on board, please?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
swng said:
We have silver mica colour here in Canada which I think is closest to yours, but still your car's colour is a lot darker than silver as seen in the pictures. Anyhow the colour is great and makes the little car look substantial. Do you have a long list of safety and convenience equipment on board, please?
We chose the 'silver lining metallic' color. This is the silver with a bit of bluish hue in it. There are 2 more shades of silver: one is 'quicksilver mica metallic' (which is the true silver color) and the other is 'shadow mica metallic' (which is more dark grayish hue in it).

As for the list of features, its got so many that I can't remember them all ;) . But here's the link of the YRS model features from Toyota Australia:

http://yaris.toyota.com.au/toyota/vehicle/Specification/0,4668,2299_662,00.html

·
Registered
107 Posts
Thank you for the response. Just as I expected, you do have more features in your car than we can buy or opt for in Canada. I am especially envious of your telescopic steering wheel, available side and curtain airbags and the standard height adjustable driver's seat. Moreover, you can have a factory installed immobilizer. I guess one day we will have those features too. I am waiting anxiously. Really feel happy for you!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
swng said:
Thank you for the response. Just as I expected, you do have more features in your car than we can buy or opt for in Canada. I am especially envious of your telescopic steering wheel, available side and curtain airbags and the standard height adjustable driver's seat. Moreover, you can have a factory installed immobilizer. I guess one day we will have those features too. I am waiting anxiously. Really feel happy for you!
Thanks!

But I don't think its free though, as we paid 17k AUD (or around 15K CAD) for it, excluding taxes, dealer delivery, registration, etc.

·
Registered
6 Posts
yours is the same Yaris that I'm waiting on (only 2 weeks!) - a 5 door YRS in Silver Lining. Funny, I don't think of it as having any sort of blueish hue, it seems to me to be more of a sparkly metallic silver rather than the flatter, lighter "quicksilver" colour.

Only need a name now! (oh - and my licence - its a race to see what I get first, the car or my Ps :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.