Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i finally painted the door panels. I just want to thank everyone that helped me. The pics are here

tell me what you think.
Now i g2 match the rest of the interior. :)

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks for the comments. i think the blue looks out of place too. ill think about changing the color.

looking good!

What is that SEM?
Is that just a clear coat for the vinyl?
Thats just a paint that can be used on vinyl parts.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Looks nice.

What steps did you take before painting them?
I didnt do the sanding. In the beginning, i started to clean the parts with acetone and Klean Strip Paint Thinner but got lazy and just washed it with water. When it was dry, I just used the SEM paint and did 3 coats. The paint sticks well. so far. :)
did the same for the pastic parts. The carpety part, the dark bluish color part, well....
I thought i could just paint over that too but I was wrong. I wanted it white so i started using the white dupli-color and by the 3rd coating, it was still nowhere near white color. So then i added a layer of blue over it but still looked like crap. So i decided I wanted to just blacken that part too so i started adding in black. The color came out to be alrite but the bad thing, that part is supposed to be soft, but its all rough now. :(

·
Mad Scientist
94 scepter coupe
3,959 Posts
why didn't you paint the window switch trim also?and the speaker grille? you can paint the handle also but do the coats lightly that way it'll stick better;)

but good job none the less:thumbup:

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
thanks. ima paint the window switch trim and the handle soon. and also the speaker grille i painted that too while using the black. guess it just doesnt show as well. i guess ill take the grill off and paint that by itself also. :p:

·
TRD Guy
588 Posts
good job :thumbup:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts