Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well after about 6 months of me dinking with it a little here and a little there in between work, kids, and the honey do list, I finally finished the 3.4 5VZ engine swap into my 90 4Runner that had the 3.0 3VZ in it. Fired it up today for the first time. Purrs like a kitten.
Still have a few bugs to work out, but no engine codes, no leaks, good power, and a little too loud. Someone gave me a FloPro muffler and it's a little over the top for my taste.

She's got Edelbrock headers that I totally re-worked and thermal coated.(Edelbrock has terrible build quality, btw, the flanges were a little smaller than the ports on the heads, and they welded them on the inside instead of the outside of the tubes so the entrance to the header was a solid 1/4" smaller than the exit of the head. Along with that, they had lots of pipe left over sticking into the exhaust flow at collectors and merges. I shoulda gotten Downey headers)
A full 2.5" mandrel bent exhaust.
Magnaflow catalytic converter.
K&N intake.(Didn't plan on that, but it wound up being cheaper than the stock intake, go figure.)

·
TN Ass Man
95 Camry SE 2-door
1,179 Posts
sounds sweet, yeah and a S/C would be :thumbup:

·
Trailer Trash Engineer
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes the s/c would kick some serious arse, but it's another 3K or so, and I'm all tapped out.
I have some pics, but no place to host.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts