Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Figured I'd share the progress I've made on my truck.

Stock (posted this pic a long time ago - showing that unemployed people get a discount on haircuts in Oregon):

Stock - down by the river.

Stock - Hauling my kids play house.

Stock - Winter = fun

Enough with stock... lets get to the mods.

Devil Emblem Sticker

Broadway Mirror - The juries still out on this one.

Hella Horns

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Before Lift

After Lift - before tires

After Lift (yes, i mirroed the photo so it would face the same direction as the above pic)

Various photos of the 3" Revtek Lift, Special Edition Gunmetal FJ wheels & 285/75-16 BFG MT KM2's

Close up of the wheel/tire combo

Spacer lift in the front - AAL's in the rear.

I must thank this forum for all the knowledge I've gained on my Tacoma...:thumbsup:

Enjoy,
Nathan
ycart1201

PS: Front mud flaps are still on, no trimming on them and no rubbing. Go figure. I only had to trim a small amount of black plastic on the front of the wheel well.:D

·
Bus Driver
08TacoRegCabBase5spd
407 Posts
lovin your wheels

how much were those hella horns?

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
lovin your wheels

how much were those hella horns?
Not sure how much the horns cost... they were an x-mas gift from my wife. But I think you can get them for around $60+/-

6shooter, yep I'm only a couple of hours south of you. I should PM you next time I'm headed up so we could meet up for a quick photo shoot.:naughty:

Goinghuge & HoosierTacoma08, thanks for the props! I'm really happy so far with my wheel & tire combo.:thumbsup:

Thanks,
Nathan
ycart1201

PS: Everyone else, feel free to keep the comments coming.:D

·
A War Fighter
327 Posts
are the hella horns louder? i love the truck wheels and tires. badass

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The horns are definitely louder, not like an air horn... they still have a "beep beep" sound to them but at an ear piercing level. ^_^

Thanks,
Nathan
ycart1201

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Do you have any pics of the truck head on with new wheels and tires?

Not yet. Next time I take pics I'll get one and post it.

Thanks,
Nathan
ycart1201

·
forget about "tsb's"
5,418 Posts
6shooter, yep I'm only a couple of hours south of you. I should PM you next time I'm headed up so we could meet up for a quick photo shoot.:naughty:
cool man. we used to play show down there from time to time at bars like john henry's and such.
i like eugene, it's pretty cool. i'll give you a holler if i'm ever in the neighborhood, you do the same if you ever come up to PDX

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cool man. we used to play show down there from time to time at bars like john henry's and such.
i like eugene, it's pretty cool. i'll give you a holler if i'm ever in the neighborhood, you do the same if you ever come up to PDX

Right on. Will do.:thumbsup:

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Supercharged '07 DC 4x4
890 Posts
Looking good man, those tires look nice on those wheels (I like the wheels ;) ). They fit your truck's color and trim well. Tell us more about the Broadway mirror...what's it about/do?

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Tell us more about the Broadway mirror...what's it about/do?
It does two things. 1st it is tinted so no need to dim the mirror at night but still highly visible/useable during the day. 2nd it is convex in its shape so it allows you to see your blindspot on the passengers side. So when I look out the passenger front window I cant see a car, but I can see it in my mirror through the passenger back window. It also works nicely to keep an eye on my 5 year old when she is sitting in the back on the passengers side (no need to turn my head around to check on her).

It has taken some time to get used to it though... and I'm still not 100% sure I like it. It just clips on so it is easy to remove and reinstall if I want to.

I picked it up at a ricer (import) shop for $20.

Nathan
ycart1201

PS: thanks for the compliments on the truck.:thumbsup:

·
Bus Driver
08TacoRegCabBase5spd
407 Posts
Looking good man, those tires look nice on those wheels (I like the wheels ;) ). They fit your truck's color and trim well. Tell us more about the Broadway mirror...what's it about/do?
there are other types too, different sizes and they also have flat glass ones that just increase the shear surface area of your mirror.

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
there are other types too, different sizes and they also have flat glass ones that just increase the shear surface area of your mirror.
Most definitely. I chose the smaller of the two sizes they had at the import shop I went to. Glad I did cause the larger one would not have allowed the visors to flip down with out hitting it. Mine is just slightly wide than the factory mirror. I am glad that I went with the curved face as it adds to my blind spot visibility.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Here is a link to more info on the broadway mirrors:

http://www.racinglab.com/broadway-bw-702.html

I am not endorsing this company that I have linked to, only showing you the photos in the link that help explain how the mirror works.

Nathan
ycart1201

·
Jeep guy DD'ing a taco...
180 Posts
bump. (what i get for searching)
where did you find those wheels and how much coin did you drop for them? they look amazing! :clap:

·
Pretty much a TN Member
2006 Taco DC TRD OR
1,179 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
bump. (what i get for searching)
where did you find those wheels and how much coin did you drop for them? they look amazing! :clap:

Those are probably the best deal ever... I found them on craigslist for $400 for the set of 5 wheels. The seller only lived about 10 blocks from me so I didn't even have to pay shipping... and I got to look them over before I handed over any cash. The seller did a huge lift on his FJ and couldn't use the factory wheels (lucky for me). I constantly search craigslist for random items so when these showed up I jumped on them the same day.:thumbsup: I had seen a set on ebay for $1800 (that included the factory tires - which I didn't want cause they were the wrong size) so I knew I had to jump on this deal. They sat in my garage for months until I could source a deal on a lift kit and tires.

Good luck with your search as these rims are extremely rare.:naughty:

Thanks,
Nathan
ycart1201

1 - 20 of 31 Posts