Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone else experienced this or have any advice on how to get rid of it. Brand new truck, closed the deal at 9pm so did not see it when I left the dealer, only after first wash one week later....dealer was very helpful to look at it, but now says it is an environmental issue and not a defect in the paint, so not covered under warranty. tried to polish, but did not remove it...any tips? thanks, ET

CLICK FOR BIGGER PICS

·
GO GATORS!!
2007 Toyota Tacoma
1,370 Posts
thats weird, i have seen like little yellow spots on my tailgate that i cant seem to get rid of, have u tried clay baring it?

·
"Clean" the best mod.
2,276 Posts
If clay bar and polish wont remove it, and no other cars in your area have it...take it back.

·
Ron Jeremy's twin brother
06 Tacoma-SOLD
1,461 Posts
So are saying that it's etched into the clear coat? That's shitty on the dealers part not to help you take care of that. If they won't replace the truck, at least work with you to get a professional body guy to look at it.

When you say you polished it - did you actually run a buffer over it with some abrasives/compounds? If that's some sort of chemical that burned into your finish, it may never come out....sorry.

·
J.O.A.T, Master of none
'14 Tacoma DC/LB
2,691 Posts
I agree with the clay bar suggestion, I have seen some amazing results. Sap stains, bird stains, you name it, they work! For the 12 or 14 bucks, you can't go wrong. If it doesn't work, you'll need it in the future anyway.

I noticed that my '06 super white was getting stains on the hood right after I got it. I washed it, clayed it, and put on some of that new McGuires Tech wax... I haven't had a problem since. IMHO, the Tech Wax is worth the extra bucks over the others.

·
Surfing TN via iPhone
05 Tacoma DC 4x4 TRD
10,653 Posts
If it has really soaked into the paint then you might need a serious polish. How did you polish? By hand or buffer? What kind of polish?
It could be a paint defect too. I can't really tell without seeing some better pictures.

·
Registered
145 Posts
if the spots are form bird or fly droppings, use a good cleaner wax to get it out. no buffing machine should be required or you'll either burn the paint or cut too deep into the finish. if using a cleaner wax by hand doesn't take it out, go back to the dealer and insist they need to remedy the problem ... with a new truck. obviously, it is not something you did and already existed when you picked up the truck.

·
Registered
623 Posts
If it's etched paint, cleaner wax isn't going to resolve the issue. Buffing via machine (PC or Rotary) will be your best bet. However if the stain is under the clearcoat or something then I would take it back to the dealer

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks, the bird dropping theory sounds very real. Looking at where the spots are and the fact that it was an 06 purchased new at the end of 06, it may very well have been sitting outside, moved around and ended up under a tree one day. I will be buying the claybar today - love that thing - used it to get all the over spray form my garage off my motorcycle...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts