Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if they have butterfly door kits for a MKIII Supra? Also, would it actually look good with them on? I plan on putting on some butterfly doors and poppin' them open with an installed keyless entry device. Also, anyone know a good sight where I can get angel eye headlights for the same model? Thanks.

·
Registered
263 Posts
i think it would look sweet in fact i was wanting one as well. but i dont think they make one specifically for our cars. i havent been able to find any halos but i found some projector lights on ebay. only ran me 69 bux. ill get em in in like 3 days. comes with h4 bulbs

·
4u2nv
1,498 Posts
onephatcracka said:
what are butterfly kits? are they like lambo door kits?
yes.. they're sorf of the same thing. Lambo doors open vertically and betterfly open vertically and out. They're freakin' expensive to get done. Way more than lambo doors.

·
Got Hardass?
2,959 Posts
Actually, I've seen this done once, and there's a simple reason for that.

If you look at the doors on a mk3 Supra, they are (approx.) 1/3rd the length of the car. In short, they are incredibly heavy and for the. For where the fulcrum will have to be, the hydraulics will have to lift an enormous load, and god forbid they should ever go out. You could lose a leg in a door of that size coming down on it ;-)

angel eye headlights
Not offhand, best thing I've seen was swapping in the NSX HID headlights. They fit the headlight frame almost perfectly, but some detailed modifications had to be made.

Keyless entry device...
First you must make it work well with the Mk3's inheriant ignition kill built into the doors. If you don't physically turn the door lock when you unlock it, it kills the ignition circuit. I've yet to find the relay/logic circuit for this function yet.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts