Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been searching through the archives and can't seem to find what I'm looking for, I'm sorry if this is a question that gets asked a lot and I'm just dumb. ;-)

I've got an '82 Corolla with a 2T engine in it that's got over 200,000 miles, it's getting pretty gutless. I'm thinking of getting one of those Japanese engines that have like 30,000 miles on them for cheap (Here is an example), but I'd like to know what will fit in my car. I use it as just a daily driver/fuel econobox, but I'd like to be able to chirp the tires if I want to, you know?

Anyway, if you have any comments, please let me know!
Thanks,
Country.Hacker

·
still chuggin' along
1981 Corolla SR5
234 Posts
If you stick with the T engine series and get a 3T-C, there shouldn't be much trouble with the swap. I know for sure the parts between 2T-Cs and 3T-Cs are interchangables, not sure about 2Ts. 3T-C might not seem much at first, but great platform for future mods. (And good fuel economy)

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
keep it old school man... go either with a 3TC swap or build up the 2T and try to find a yamaha 2TG head (twin cam version) or if you wanna go crazy... hybrid the 3T+2TG= 3TG(1.8L) then get a stoker kit to make it a 2L. i swear to you a properly built 3TC or 2TG will outrun any stock a 4AG including ZEs.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts