Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
The Camburger
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
long story short.. i replaced the struts and it was making a clicking sound like metal hitting metal. replaced the mounts then (which i really should have done befrore but couldnt) and while the noise is reduced a bit it is still very much audible. Other facts to add is that it is a gen3.5 so it has the upper strut seat (or whatever its called) unlike the gen3 which i have NOT replaced yet. Also i have one of those cheap strut braces from ebay. Could either of these be the cause of the sound? I went over all the bolts and its tight. torqued to specs. Is it worth taking apart again to replace those strut seats? It has been driving me insane for a long time now. It make sit sound old and rickety like its about to fall apart. Thanks guys.

·
Bootyologist
2004 Toyota Camry LE
1,531 Posts
my friend had a old ass Probe and he replaced the struts and they tick and clicked for mad long until one day it stopped and never heard it again after that..

·
Diablo
05 Altima SER+93 Cam
353 Posts
My struts used to click, then I changed them. To this day I occasionally hear them click. I know at one point I needed strut mounts but since the weather got warmer, I havent heard anymore mount noises.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts