Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a new set of tires for my 09 LE. OEM Turanzas held up for 25K miles and need to be replaced before weather starts getting worse here. I was looking at Michelin Primacy MXV4, nice tire but way overpriced. Yokohama AVID ENVigor 95V go for $92 at tirerack and reviews seem to be OK. Does anyone have a set installed on a Camry? What is the real world experience with these tires?

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
love em. almost no road noise, great grip in all conditions, and they take the beating very well.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you have a chance to ride in snow and heavy rain, how do they handle in poor road condition? I got a quote $500 out of the door for 4 of them from local tire shop.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
It doesn't snow here, but those tires are great in the rain and dry. Yokohama tires generally don't have the best ratings for snow.

Check out Disctounttiredirect.com also for the same tire. They ship for free so ensure you look at price for four tires plus shipping.

·
Paul_09WhiteV6
09 XLE V6 White
6,677 Posts
heavy rain yes. no snow yet. and these tires wont see snow bc works go off for winter and oems go on though i'll prob be looking for a set for the winter 16s when they go. love these tires. stretched nice in the back, no rubbing with them, ride great, handle great, and almost no noise.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
getting $480 quote locally, that beats Disctounttiredirect.com installed price and will install them tomorrow. Looked at tirerack reviews, they start from march 2010 when this tire was introduced. Looks like no one tried them on the snow so far and that concerns me.

·
Registered
Camry
6,925 Posts
Get something else then. March was the beginning of spring so it's unreasonable that anyone has used them in the snow yet aside from people inside Yokohama that may have tested the tire.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Got tires installed today. installer also said that car needed an alignment, I didn't believe so did but got it done just in case. Yokohama claims that these tires performance is exceeding Michelin Primacy in every aspect but rolling resistance, here

http://www.yokohamatire.com/tires/avid_envigor.pdf

As far as winter driving, all all-season tires is a trade off and I always wanted to get a set of Blizzaks for winter time. I'll see how this tire will perform on a long run.

·
'11 Camry
2001 Camry
1,370 Posts
You'll probably like them, especially if you won't use them in the winter. I had a set of Yokohama Avid TRZ tires on my former 2007 Corolla, and I just LOVED those tires in the warmer months. They stuck like glue to whatever surface they were on. But in the colder months, they hardened up like a rock. It wasn't really enough to notice any decrease in performance, but there was a huge decrease in ride comfort. They rode like rocks.

If I were using them in the warmer months only, I'd have given them an A+. Report back on how the ENVigors treat you after a few thousand miles on them. :clap:

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Just wanted to give a quick update on these tires. 2 years and 30K miles latter tires are worn out and will not make through the next winter.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts