Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just test drove a 99 tacoma and it was in great shape. TRD SR5 Ext Cab with about 78000 miles on it.

ASKING $15900!

I am seeing if they are able to certify it, and fix a steering problem, what would be a good counter offer?

I was thinking $13,500 if it is not Certified, and $14,500 for Certified. (source, Edmunds.com)

Also, the sterring wheel was turn slightly to the left as it drives straight. Is this bad, and what could I expect to pay if the dealer fixes it?

Thanks for any infor and help.

·
Premium Member
4,153 Posts
Appraise it using Edmunds (http://www.edmunds.com) and Kelley Blue Book (http://www.kbb.com). KBB is usually low, and Edmunds is usually high, so go with an average of the two.

I paid about $12000 for mine (2000, SR5, TRD, V6, 4x4, Ext Cab, 80K miles) about 9 months ago without it being certified. It needed tires and a water pump, but otherwise it's in great shape.

I'm surprised that a dealer would certify that age or mileage. By certified, do you mean extended warranty (such as 100K miles), or do you just mean it's got a 30-day warranty. Mine had the 30-day warranty, but nothing more.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What I really wnated out of it was the inspection. But I think they are giving me the full blown certification. The terms looked good (the one's he faxed) and this truck is in amazing shape. I'm going to head back up there and take a serious look tonight.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
So, I finally got the numbers that are agreeable for me with the '99 Tacoma. I traded my vehicle in last night and I am the new owner of a Dark Green SR5 TRD Ext Cab.
I ended up at $14,000 certified with the new warantee running out in July.
Did I get a good deal? Probably not the best deal I could do, but it works and this truck is in great shape and has records of maintenance that have been kept since it was bought.

Plus, I am saving about $80 bucks on my monthy car payments.

Actalan1, that is one hell of a deal. I haven't not seen one near that out here.

·
Registered
7 Posts
prices vary widely...

I paid close to 17k for my 2000 with 40k miles on it. This was last year and I live in Seattle, which is one of the biggest markets for the Tacoma. The reason for the difference is likely because one of you is in Texas and the other in Colorado...also a huge market meaning jacked up prices...

Jesse

Reactions: 97tacomaHA

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
SeattleTaco said:
I paid close to 17k for my 2000 with 40k miles on it. This was last year and I live in Seattle, which is one of the biggest markets for the Tacoma. The reason for the difference is likely because one of you is in Texas and the other in Colorado...also a huge market meaning jacked up prices...

Jesse
I Agree. The regional price adjustment that Edmunds put on my Tacoma was a lot. I have noticed more and more Tacomas in this part of Colorado and Denver as well.
I had some remorse about the deal for my Tacoma, like I got hosed and stuff. But edmunds.com said that my Truck should be $15,500 if it was certified... and it was.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.