Toyota Nation Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,930 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Toyota sold nearly 40,000 Camrys in May, keeping the mid-sized sedan the top-selling car in America.

Much of the gain came from young shoppers buying the Camry SE trim level. It now represents 40 percent of Camry volume, with the SE's average 45-year-old buyer bringing overall Camry average buyer age down from 58 for the previous model to 51 in May, Carter said.
That's a huge decrease in average age. 7 years! I guess people want a sportier appliance?

·
Registered
1986 Toyota Cressida
4,512 Posts
That's a huge decrease in average age. 7 years! I guess people want a sportier appliance?
I'd say its two things. First, this new Camry drives in an acceptable way. No, its not a corner carver but it doesn't flop around ready to give up when a corner is difficult. As a car for handling...I actually prefer Camry over Corolla, steering is better and its also more confident. Second is the connectivity, after using Entune its ridiculously easy to get it working, yet its not distracting. Its what I expect from a Toyota, to be all around solid, with no noticeable weaknesses. That's why I don't like the Corolla very much.

·
straight cash homie
22,869 Posts
I'd say its two things. First, this new Camry drives in an acceptable way. No, its not a corner carver but it doesn't flop around ready to give up when a corner is difficult. As a car for handling...I actually prefer Camry over Corolla, steering is better and its also more confident. Second is the connectivity, after using Entune its ridiculously easy to get it working, yet its not distracting. Its what I expect from a Toyota, to be all around solid, with no noticeable weaknesses. That's why I don't like the Corolla very much.
The Corolla is still much of the Watanabe cars...needs one more year before they can kill this one.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.