Toyota Nation Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So yeah as the tittle says what do you think of the device? Im thinking of buying one, just wanna know if its worth the money.

·
Newbie One Kanobi
2003 Toyota ECHO!!
8,986 Posts
TTercel said:
So yeah as the tittle says what do you think of the device? Im thinking of buying one, just wanna know if its worth the money.

I have one and its worth it. Since I have an ECHO it doesn't have a tach gauge or the model I got didn't (it was an option for the 03-05 models) and it has idiot lights meaning I have no temp guage so I don't know if its getting close to overheating but scanguage helps. Also it does mpg read out and it clears codes like engine codes. So if something is wrong if will find the code for it and clear it and yes the light might come back on but if you have the code you can look it up and see whats wrong with the car. It reads out voltage, speed, rpms (usefull for me) water/engine temp etc. Its pretty much about stats, like how long you were driving, mpg, max speed, max temp, it does it for current and for the day and it keeps the stats from yesterday. Go on the site it will tell you better than me. But IMO its worth it or a useful tool.:thumbup:

·
Forumatic Immunity!
05 Taco DC LB V6 TRD
3,745 Posts
I and a bunch of other 2005 Tacoma guys have em, and i love mine. right now is the time to buy also. the deal goes on till the Jan 14th, it's a special for us at TN. you will prolly extra for shippin though since you are in Canada. here is the link. http://www.3n1autocomputer.com/buy_now_toyota.html

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Rdizzle said:
Yeah they're great. PLus they fit in DIN spaces.
Nice, wiring that to fit there will be real fun:rolleyes::lol:

What other places have you guys mounted you ScanGauges...?

·
PICKLE GANGSTER
3,210 Posts
^pretty simple really. Just run the wire under the dash. Install it like a radio. 20 minutes max. Mine is mouted on the dash though, just to the right of the steering wheel. I used velcro to secure it, since i can move it to another car that way.

·
That Acura Guy
2,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other than online stores is there any store that possibly has them in stock. I called around many places and it seems they dont have it. Im sure some sort of store has it in stock right?

·
This Space For Rent
14,150 Posts
TTercel said:
Other than online stores is there any store that possibly has them in stock. I called around many places and it seems they dont have it. Im sure some sort of store has it in stock right?
I don't think any B&M stores carry the SG. Your only recourse would be to buy it online, but I could be mistaken.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts