Registered
2008 Tacoma
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Not much different than mine, except mines only .25" in the back. I know I'd like the extra inch on mine, but overall with my lift, it gives the front a little more height compared to the back. With yours, it will be level. Its all spacers, so the ride should be about the same. Mine I never even noticed the difference except for the hum of the tires. Go for it! :thumbsup:

·
GO KING'S GO!
05' Taco Pre-Runner
2,250 Posts
Everything is cool, but the blocks blow! Get a kit that has an 1.25-1.5" AAL or piece a kit together!

·
NorCal Tacoma
05 Black Dbl Cab
378 Posts
I agree on the AAL

·
Offical Tacoma Driver
2008 Indigo DC LB
157 Posts
If the kit is plastic or some other material other than a metal I would not get it. I am not on a toytec bandwagon but they do make some good stuff. I did the readylift blocks in the rear and to me the quality of the toytec lift was better. I know it is just blocks but I just thought it was way better quality.

·
Native Oregonian
07 Tacoma DC LB TRD
785 Posts
Yeah I kinda agree with the AAL. I'm considering dumpin the 70 bucks on one and throwin it in, instead of the block.

·
Registered
130 Posts
is it function or form you're after?

If it's form as long as you don't have the offroad package (looks like you have the sport or SR5 package) it's fine. The puck is metal and yes get add a leafs in the back. You can check our forum (CT4WD) for one that's for sale for $200CDN

Blocks (no matter how small) will give you axle wrap on the road and off. That means when you try to pass someone or hit the gas on road, you're rear end will buck and chatter versus just smooth acceleration or smooth wheel spin. Off road it's worse when you lose traction you get wheel hop and that could lead to driveline damage.

Anything that is over 1.5" of lift you'll want to change your upper control arms that will give you more caster and camber. Otherwise you'll lose steering feel on the highway and straight line tracking. Plus your wheels will end up like this \ / without camber correction.

If it's function the most cost effective best performing is OME Coils/shocks and rear shocks with an AAL or Dakar leafs.

If you're going to get more on the serious side of offroading :thumbsup: you might want to check out the OME. But if you're looking for something that will work to get you running some bigger rubber then upgrade the suspension to full coil overs later then the Revtek is fine.

PM me on CT4WD's forum if you want more info or you can call me too.... you should have an email with my phone info from the Association.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts